My random ramblings

Hello all my names Tracy and I hail from sunny West Bromwich. I mad about football and I support my local team West Bromwich Albion (and yes I did cry when we were relegated from the Premiership last season) I'm also a huge fan of Green Wing.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Beach Life

Ok so this maybe isn't that interesting but it irked me so here goes. The other night whilst I was flicking through the channels trying desperately to find anything remotely worth watching, I stumbled across this. It's billed as the "real OC". Basically MTV have followed 8 teenagers around documenting their every move. These teenager just happen to be (or should I say their parents just happen to be ) incredibly rich. They live in one of the most exclusive and expensive beach resorts in the US and all of them are beautiful.

I think the worst thing about this program's is that although its meant to be about real teenagers, it's not. How many teenagers do you know that can take a skiing trip just because they're depressed, or can go on a holiday to Mexico (unsupervised) during their school holidays. Most of the teenagers who were filmed were not yet in college. MTV aren't showing real teenage life they're showing what life could be like if only your parents were minted. It's a very singular view, there are no ordinary people, they are all rich and beautiful. I ended up feeling sorry for the 8 teenagers who participated in this show, I can honestly say that it may do them more harm than good. Ok so they'll have their 5 mins of fame, but it will be for all the wrong reasons. This show portrays them in a very poor light, they seem to be nothing more than image obsessed spoilt brats. All the girls are shown as bitchy primadonna's and all the guys as two timing lothario's (sp?). I think maybe the idea of fame blinded them to what could really happen. I hope that having seen the show they will think twice about participating in any further series.


Well now I'll put my little soap box away and update the quiz.

Joint 1st Place

Ruby & Molly

2nd Place

The Whales

Joint 3rd Place

Realdoc
Trac

Well done also to Button (2), Howsey (2) and Billy (1)

The remaining answers were

7. Blokes grafting - Men At Work
10. I'm Fanatical Towards the Girl - Madonna
14. Desperate Trouble - Dire Straits

7 Comments:

Blogger Hells said...

Gah I hate shows like that. I do however like that one with the rebel kids over here. Where they all live in a house, have to get jobs, act like responsible adults (which most are failing miserably). Must admit I feel sorry for the villager's that have to live next door to them. Ah well, give's them their village gossip I suppose.

5:29 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

I feel sorry for the kids involved but at the same time I just wanna give them all a bloody good slap

1:32 pm  
Blogger realdoc said...

You've got to question the wisdom of letting a teenager take part in a reality show, something they'll almost certainly regret when they grow up. That would be the parents' responsibility. So that would be rich and stupid then.

5:05 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

I agree RD I think these kids are gonna regret ever taking part in the programme. I suspect all they can see is the fame to go along with their parents fortune. Maybe they think they're gonna be the next Paris Hilton.....but who'd want to be she's a complete nightmare

9:34 am  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I think as well, like Realdoc said that you are so naive and impressionable at that age as well. If all goes wrong, it could affect you forever. It's stressful enough growing up, without having to be on TV as well.

2:30 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Molly I just think it's going to end badly for all involved

1:14 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Oh Paris Hilton the oxygen thief.... Yikkes one's pad enough

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home