My random ramblings

Hello all my names Tracy and I hail from sunny West Bromwich. I mad about football and I support my local team West Bromwich Albion (and yes I did cry when we were relegated from the Premiership last season) I'm also a huge fan of Green Wing.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Way Out East

Ok maybe not anymore. So after 8 aeroplanes, 5 Coaches, 4 Boats, 1 train and a tri-shaw later I have arrived back on English soil (very damp English soil) I've had a great holiday, even if it wasn't very relaxing. I will at some point load some photo's on here so you can see what i got up to.

I certainly packed quite a lot into my 2 weeks away, some of which include a trip down the death railway and a visit to the bridge over the river Kwai, a Sai Pan ride around Hong Kong harbour as well as a trip on the famous Star Ferry (which was very expensive at 14 pence for a return journey), high tea at Raffles Hotel (this was very posh and fabulous) and a tri-shaw ride around Hua Hin. I will put some photo's up on here to illustrate the fun that was had, including some of the tropical storms that occurred whilst I was out there.

I have to say the three placed I wen't couldn't be more different. Bangkok was a strange mixture of beautiful modern hotels and skyscrapers and shanty towns, and there is literally a temple on every corner! The Thai people are so nice, nothing is too much trouble, they really look after you. Hong Kong was just busy, very busy. It's pretty much a jungle of skyscrapers, which thrive on pollution. The air in Hong Kong is terrible I know why the people there wear those masks, I could have done with one after a day. And then there's Singapore , which is simply beautiful. It's peaceful (well anywhere could be considered peacefull after Hong Kong) it's a fascinating mixture of the colonial and the new, it's a great place to relax.

Anyway that's all for now. I will put some photo's up that I hope will illustrate my incoherent witterings. I'd just like to say I'm glad to be back, and I look forward to catching up with everyone soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Glad you had a great time Baggie, I'm looking forward to the photos!

6:26 pm  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

That sounds really, really exciting. Espec. the Bridge on the River Kwai. I'm glad you're back now!

8:57 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Thanks H, thanks Molly. I will try my very best to post them up over the weekend. I have to sort out which ones first though. I took 159....digital camera's aren't they fab or hohoho as they say in China (that means excellent, and that's my lesson in chinese over for today )

9:06 am  
Blogger Billy said...

Oh welcome back!

*awaits photos*

11:02 am  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Thanks Billy it's good to be back (i'm hoping that sounded sincere) I will get some photo'd up over the weekend, for your perusal

12:59 pm  
Blogger West said...

Good to have you back bb,

Bobster

4:57 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

I must admit i'm glad to be back. Although looking at the state of my desk i'm not so sure

4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home