My random ramblings

Hello all my names Tracy and I hail from sunny West Bromwich. I mad about football and I support my local team West Bromwich Albion (and yes I did cry when we were relegated from the Premiership last season) I'm also a huge fan of Green Wing.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Quiz of the week

Ok it's that time of the week again. Here come those lovely cryptic clues you all seem to love so much. However this week I thought I would really test you brain power. I'm going to post 30 clues I have the answers for and 30 I don't (basically cause I'm a bit thick and haven't managed to work them out yet) I will check on the original quiz sheet to see if you have managed to decipher any of the 30 I haven't managed to yet. Anyway here goes

EASY ONES

1. From another country - Foreigner - Poe
2. Cheerful start to the week - Happy Modays - Realdoc
3. Unemployment card - UB40 - Poe
4. Spinning rocks - Rolling Stones - Realdoc
5. First man and insects - Adam and the Ants - Poe
6. Thunderbolt helps grass grow - Lightening Seeds - Poe
7. In wonderland just like that - Alice Cooper - Poe
8. Upset over phobias - Tears For Fears - Realdoc
9. Unglossy Italian white wine - Matt Bianco - Realdoc

10. Lumbar puncture - Spinal Tap - Poe
11. Lips come together - Kiss - Poe
12. Pair of travel agents - Thompson Twins - Chatterbox
13. English patella thrown by Zulu's
14. Big band travels at night - OMD - Poe
15. Paradise - Nirvana - Realdoc
16. Searchdog posse - Bloodhound Gang - Poe
17. Steal a bears lair - Nick Cave - Poe
18. Pigs - Police - Chatterbox
19. Nosy dead pussy - Curiosity Killed the Cat - Chatterbox
20. Not a good firm - Bad Company - Poe
21. Young lads grow up - Boyz to men - Realdoc
22. Stopped believing - Faithless - Poe
23. Two quarters
24. Elizabeth, Victoria, Mary - Queen - Realdoc
25. Walthamstow - East 17 - Poe
26. Late in the evening they can no longer walk
27. Quartet of brunettes - 4 Non Blondes - Poe
28. East end revolutionary - Cockney Rebel - Realdoc
29. Nun toboggan - Sister Sledge - Poe
30. Get paste from tube - Squeeze - Poe



NOT SO EAST ONES

1. Stunted growth
2. Never ending duo
3. Possibly great
4. Clergymen in long dress
5. A virgin thatcher
6. Refinement association
7. UFO's
8. Barely made the wood in the pond
9. Destroying curcubits - Smashing Pumpkins - Chatterbox
10. Position currently held by George Bush - Presidents of the United States of America - Poe
11. Chocolate candy - Eminem - Chatterbox
12. Gender arms - Sex Pistols - Poe
13. Next command - New Order - Chatterbox
14. Years quarters - Four Seasons - Chatterbox
15. Corridor containing horse fodder - Hall & Oates - Poe
16. Picture house tune
17. Ham of beef sandwiches - Meat Loaf - Chatterbox
18. Very warm galaxy - Hot Chocolate - Real Doc

19. Bird of prey with colic
20. Raincoat bought near Blackpool
21. Oxygen cylinder - Air Supply Chatterbox
22. Genuflect for a gem - Neil Diamond - Realdoc
23. Big Apple movement
24. Dances in Jerry built prison
25. Fashionable assembly
26. Not what they seem
27. Dickie at the precipice
28. Keep the horses in footwear
29. Father's cigarette end
30. The centre of planets


Ok have fun with these and I'm really hoping you can help me out with some of the ones I don't know, maybe between us we'll get all 500.

13 Comments:

Blogger realdoc said...

Easy
2 Happy Mondays
4 Rolling Stones
24 Queen
Hard
18 Hot Chocolate
What the **** are curcubits?

4:59 pm  
Blogger Billy said...

Crikey, you have to work fast here, most the easy ones are gone. *sobs*

Right, I'll just have a look at the others and see what I know

*adopts concentrating face*

7:24 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Ahh Billy I did warn you to get in early.

12:08 am  
Blogger baggiebird said...

RD I have no idea what cubits are either !

6:52 pm  
Blogger Billy said...

According to my dictionary a cur is a dog or untrustworthy person and a cubit is an ancient unit of measurement.

2:25 pm  
Blogger realdoc said...

So that would make curcubits a unit of measurement which defines the size of a dog or of how much of a w*nker someone is?

4:04 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

So the conclusion reached is that a curcubit is a way of measuring someone's level of w*ankerness. I so hope that turns out to be the case.

You know these clues are difficult when you have to get your dictionary out to even understand them !

So thanks Billy for the info. I think you may be this blogs official dictionary corner from now on.

I will update the post later so you can see which one's Poe hasn't got ! (i don't think there are many, Poe's good at this game)

12:45 pm  
Blogger Billy said...

"So thanks Billy for the info. I think you may be this blogs official dictionary corner from now on"

Does that mean I get to sit next to Susie Dent? *sigh*

8:22 am  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Billy if you would like to sit next to Susie Dent I'll have to see what I can do.

Chatterbox all that knowing what curcubits means say's to me about you is that your really rather intelligent

1:04 pm  
Blogger realdoc said...

Hard 22 Neil Diamond

10:58 pm  
Blogger realdoc said...

Easy 9 Matt Bianco
12 Thompson Twins
21 Boyz to Men
28 Cockney rebel
15 Nirvana
19 Curiosity Killed the cat
8 Tears for Fears
Hard 13 New Order

11:07 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Well done chatts they're all correct.

RD you got all your right to, although Chatterbox did beat you to New order, The Thompson Twins and Curiosity Killed the Cat.

2:12 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Oh Shit i'm getting em all mixed up again I will check and make amendments !

11:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home