My random ramblings

Hello all my names Tracy and I hail from sunny West Bromwich. I mad about football and I support my local team West Bromwich Albion (and yes I did cry when we were relegated from the Premiership last season) I'm also a huge fan of Green Wing.

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Beautiful Game

Well that time of year is upon us again......Yes the footie season gets underway for the teams in the Championship tomorrow, and I for one can't wait! I am starting to get really excited, as I can now get my weekly fix of the Baggies (West Bromwich Albion). I know we were relegated last season from the dizzy heights of the Premiership, so instead of Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal paying us a visit we now have Hull City, Luton Town, Preston and Colchester......mmmm not much of a difference there then!

There are however some good games to look forward to. The most eagerly anticipated one will the the local derby Against Wolverhampton Wanderers. Basically this game is the same as Everton v Liverpool and Manchester United v Manchester City. Winning this game means everything. The rivalry between the 2 teams and their fans is so intense that the 2 matches will be played on a Sunday afternoon and 12pm. We haven't played a competitive match against the Wolves for 4 years.....It will be immense.

The game I'm least looking forward to is the one against Cardiff. Why I hear you ask, the simple answer is the fans. A lot of Cardiff fans are horrible, they are hostile and nasty. Believe me last season I went to a pre- season friendly at Cardiff. The Cardiff fans spent the entire match hurling abuse at us rather than watching the game, and as I've already said it was only a friendly. At most stadiums the away fans are in their own section or are separated from the home fans by a section of seating. At Cardiff there are 2 massive nets and there are no seats, you can't throw what's not there ! Anyway I'm hoping they behave themselves when they visit the Hawthorns.

Quick update on the quiz. There is only 1 question outstanding and that is number 17. I will update the post with the answers apart from 17 that is

6 Comments:

Blogger Fraudulent Little Tart said...

Hey! Just you watch what you're saying there . . . maybe our paths will cross at a Preston/West Brom match.
;o)

7:58 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

I can't really comment, I know nothing about football, and don't want to know anything about football.

Actually, I do know something!

I know that I'm just about to go and have a slice of my housemate's Celtic Birthday cake with a cup of tea.

There, that's something isn't it? Isn't it???

There, that's

9:54 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Penny I would love to meet you at a Preston game, that would be class.

Heather....mmmmm cake how lovely. How was your slice of Celtic birthday cake?


Hello Marie and welcome to my blog thanks for your post. I will attempt to put a link on here for it. I'm sure it will be quite fantastic

9:21 am  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Oh dear Stacie that's not good. Although saying that I had one of those moments when the fixtures were released. I will only miss 1 home game whilst i'm on my jollydays

3:42 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Oh by the way Stacie, I forgot to mention Dolly Parton.....you is correct girlie

3:44 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Ahhh Poe a fellow Baggie! The only away games I managed last year were. Sunderland, Bolton, Man U (The Carling cup match) Wigan and Liverpool. Wigan I think was our only away win.... therefore it was worth it and it was free travel so that was even better. I will be sure to post and let you know which away games i'm going to, I dare say the Baggies will feature a lot on this blog !

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home