My random ramblings

Hello all my names Tracy and I hail from sunny West Bromwich. I mad about football and I support my local team West Bromwich Albion (and yes I did cry when we were relegated from the Premiership last season) I'm also a huge fan of Green Wing.

Friday, August 11, 2006

That Friday Feeling

Well it's Friday again.... Hurrah!!! My working week is done, and I'm really quite glad about that. Although it does mean that I only have 3 days left before I have to go and get an injection. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I really have the fear when it comes to injections. You see the problem is I've only ever had 2 injections in my life. You may be thinking that for someone of my age (unfortunately I left my twenties behind last year) 2 is quite a small number of injections to have had. Well for this I blame my father. You see my dad has a condition that goes by the name of serum sickness, which basically means he's allergic to the serum's used in vaccinations. The thing with this condition is that it's hereditary, hence me only ever having 2 injections. In short I'm ok if TB or Polo come calling, but all the basic childhood diseases such as measles etc would have a rare old time as I have no immunity to them at all. This is doubly confounded by the fact that I am an infuriatingly healthy person and have only every had chicken pox ......Oops !

Anyhow back to the problem at hand. Not only do I have to have the dreaded needle but because of the old serum sickness thinngy I have to have an entirely synthetic one (just to be on the safe side, my dad nearly died because of this condition of his) which means I have the physical pain to contend with (my pain threshold is so low you have to dig for it !) I also have to pay £60.00! Quite frankly I think parting with the money is going to be more painful than the injection. I think next yearI'm going to go to Devon or Cornwall....they don't have Yellow Fever there do they ????

7 Comments:

Blogger Spoke said...

First off, I support The Reds !! Thats right, Liverpool. I was born in Leatherhead so I'm sort of a defecter. No offence. Anyway, what injections are you on about? I hate them too. I had to have a load of 'em when I went to Ecuador a few years back.
Just curious, found you while "next blogging"

4:16 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Ahh a Liverpool Fan. I work with one of those. I actually quite like Liverpool football club, your certainly better than Man U or Chelsea. I have to have a Yellow Fever injection as I'm off to Thailand in 7 weeks.

By the way welcome to my blog and thanks for the comment

11:27 pm  
Blogger West said...

"I love football and am a season ticket holder with West Bromwich Albion ..."

I'm still trying to square the seeming contradiction in that sentence, bb...

But seriously, thanks for popping by and good lucj in le Championnat (well, it sounds a bit better, doesn't it?) A good start against Hull too (the Cheslea of the Championship, apparently), so should be a strong season for your lads.

Dis Kanu stay? He's great to watch isn't he - if a little erratic...

Have fun and good luck with the weekend's fixture


Bob

11:44 am  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Hello Bob. I know some people say that being a football fan and supporting WBA is a contradiction in terms but for my sins I is a Baggies fan. Unfortunatly Kanu did not stay, it's a pity as he is a fantastic footballer and I think he'll be missed. I don't know about the similarities to Chelsea, although i'd quite some of their players to be playing for us....Yes I know never gonna happen.

Anyway thanks for dropping by my humble blog it was a very nice suprise thanks

Trace xx

8:49 pm  
Blogger realdoc said...

Injections are a case of familiarity breeds contempt. As med students we had to practice giving injections to each other so when you've had 20 in one day mostly given by, let's face it, rather hungover idiots the fear just goes away.

7:25 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Thanks RD. I knew "the fear" was down to the fact that i've not had that many injections.

12:41 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Thanks RD. I knew "the fear" was down to the fact that i've not had that many injections.

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home