My random ramblings

Hello all my names Tracy and I hail from sunny West Bromwich. I mad about football and I support my local team West Bromwich Albion (and yes I did cry when we were relegated from the Premiership last season) I'm also a huge fan of Green Wing.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Normality Returns

Ok I haven't posted for a few days. This lack of posting has been due to severe lack of time.

My weekend hasn't been the best. Since Friday I have been through panic, fear, loneliness, sorrow and resignation all topped off with a healthy dose of complete and utter exhaustion, both mentally and physically.

On Friday night my father decided to present all the symptoms of a heart attack. Luckily he wasn't actually having a heart attack. (this little piece of information wasn't found out until he had his ECG) Now this in itself is really quite a scary prospect, although the fear I don't think really struck home until the following morning, the realization of it was preceded by a phone call from the hospital (where I had left my father earlier that morning (1am to be precise) on the advise that all was ok, he wasn't having a heart attack his ECG was fine they just needed to run tests and he would be out later that day) informing me that he had been moved into the Corony care unit and would be there for at least 3 days. SHIT! It was at this point I became frightened, panicked, sad and lonely (you see my brother was at this time in Portugal or at least on a plane back from Portugal) and having to face the prospect that a) my father was very ill and b) I would have to tell my nan (his mother).


Prospect A was by far the worse, this is what bought on the fear etc, as my father is the only parent I have left (cancer claiming my mother over 12 years ago now) I don't think I have ever felt so alone as I did when I was sitting on the bottom of the stairs after just receiving the phone call from the hospital. I think I sat there for 10 mins just feeling numb and helpless. Eventually my brain kicked in and I started to inform people who needed to know. Luckily by the time I had to be at the hospital to see the doctor my brother had got back home (he literally walked through the door, dropped his suitcase and walked out again to go to the hospital with me)

The good news is my father is going to be just fine. Apparently one of the veins in his heart had almost closed up and that was what was causing the pain he had on Friday. This they have fixed my putting in a stent and my dad was allowed home on Tuesday. He is at this time at home and bored ! As for me I'm relieved but still incredibly tired (well living on hardly any sleep for 4 days will do that to you)

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who supported me through this. I was roundly chastised by serveral aunts for not calling them on the Friday night, the fact that I had no money, no mobile phone (I was in such a hurry to get to the hospital I just about managed to remember to pick my house keys up !) or indeed their phone numbers seems not to matter to them. Everyone has been great. My Friend Lisa especially. She was the poor soul who I rang and then promptly sobbed uncontrollably down the phone at. Anyway all is pretty much ok now so I will leave this here.


P.S I will put the quiz results up shortly, as there are still a few left to get.

8 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Dear Baggiebird, What a really stressful time you've had. I hope you are ok and so glad that he's going to be ok. God, life can sometimes hit you in the face can't it? I really hope you are alright. Take care nowxx And love to your family.

7:35 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Cheers Molly. Daddy is doing well now, as I said he's just bored as he has to take it easy for 6 weeks, which for someone who is used to being very active it quite difficult. Your right about life it does like to give you a good ahrd slap every now and then.

9:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey baggiebird, glad to hear your dads ok now. must of been bloody scary. but im sure hes very happy to hog the remote.

9:42 am  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Well he is failry chirpy at the moment. I think I would prefer to spend 6 weeks hogging the remote rather then the alternative (which frankly doesn't bear thinking about !)

12:58 pm  
Blogger Billy said...

Oh gosh BB, that sounds horrible. Seems like he's ok now, which is good.

Hope things are all right with you.

2:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dad had a bypass last year and I have to say it's not pleasant being on the other side of the doctor patient divide. Hope your Dad makes a full recovery. Look after yourself now.

5:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baggie, I know the feeling my mum died of cancer when i was 18, makes your dad very special.

7:53 pm  
Blogger baggiebird said...

Thanks guys. Dad is much better now, almost back to his normal self. The nurse is going to visit tomorrow so fingers crossed all will be well

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home